1. The writers are asked to ______ technical languages for technical readers.
A. store B. reserve C. remain D. keep
2. She only ______ the list of names, for there is little time left before the conference began.
A. scanned B. skimmed C. saw D. glanced
3. If Mary knows that her best friend cheated her, she will be ______ angry.
A. less than B. rather than
C. more than D. other than
4. At times the balance in nature is ______ , resulting in a number of possibly unforeseen effects.
A. troubled B. confused C. disturbed D. puzzled
5. With modern equipment, many mysteries have _______ to light in recent years.
A. bought B. come C. thrown D. appeared