1. A year-long ____ of Gardeners' Monthly magazine costs just $ 85.50, and it comes with a free pair of gardening gloves.
A. subscription B. entry C. warranty D. membership
2. Spitting on the ground is not only ______ but also harmful to others' health.
A. disgusting B. banging C. grabbing D. blasting
3. The policeman stopped him when he was driving home and ______ him of speeding.
A. charged B. accused C. blamed D. deprived
4. My camera can be ______ to take pictures in cloudy or sunny conditions.
A. treated B. adopted C. adjusted D. reminded
5. The experiment has ______ the possibility of the existence of any life on that planet, but it does not mean there is no life on other planets.
A. found out B. pointed out C. ruled out D. carried out
1.【答案】A。解析：subscription订阅(定期刊物。B. 进入，参加;C. 担保，保证书;D. 会员资格。
2.【答案】D。解析：disgusting 是动词disgust 的现在分词形式，意为"令人厌恶的"。bang撞击，猛击;grab抓取，攫取;blast 爆炸。句意：随地吐痰不仅令人厌恶，而且还会不利于他人的健康。
3.【答案】B。解析：accuse sb. of... 控告某人犯有……; warn sb. of警告、告戒某人有……; deprive sb. of sth.剥夺某人某事;charge sb. with murder (指控某人犯有杀人罪)。
4.【答案】C。解析：adjust (=arrange, put in order or agreement; make suitable or convenient for use) 强调"调节, 使适应"，本句中adjust是不及物动词。
5.【答案】C。解析：句意：试验排除了那个星球有生命存在的可能性，但是这并不意味着其他星球上就没有生命存在。本题考查动词短语。find out 查明;point out 指出;rule out 排除;carry out 贯彻，执行。根据句意可知答案为C项。