1. Formulated in 1823, the Monroe Doctrine asserted that the Americas were no longer open to European colonization,
A. stated firmly
B. argued light-mindedly
C. thought seriously
D. announced regrettably
2. The number of United States citizens who are eligible to vote continues to increase.
3. During the Second World War, all important resources in the U.S. were allocated by the federal government.
4. It is postulated that population trends have an effect on economic fluctuations.
5. She seemed to have detected some anger in his voice.
6. The new style of shoes appeals to those students.
7. It remains a puzzle about why our outermost planet exists,
8. Before you decide on a vocation, it might be a good idea to consult a few good friendS.
9. There are various ways to solve the problem.
10. The house was seriously destroyed.
11. The most pressing problem any economic system faces is how to use its scarce resources.
12. I visited this famous writer now and then.
13. It seems inevitable for people to make such a mistake.
14. You should take many factors into consideration when going for an interview.
15. Even in a highly modemized country, manual work is still needed.